Before the ambulance arrives
First let’s look at what the CPR. CPR is CPR. CPR involves chest compressions at least five inches deep and at a speed of at least 100 per minute in an effort to create artificial blood circulation pump by hand through the heart. Only CPR is unlikely to revive the heart. main purpose is CPR to restore partial flow of oxygenated blood to the brain and heart.
A CPR mask is used to be able to avoid coming into contact with the victim. In other words, a CPR mask is a barrier between the victim and the rescuer as well. These masks are officially called barrier devices. A pocket mask or perhaps a pocket mask CPR is really a legacy used to transport safely rescue breaths during cardiac or respiratory arrest 1. The main function of this device would keep the rescuer safe from infectious diseases, bacteria, and the transfer of blood and other body fluids of the patient or vice versa. There must be a CPR mask in each emergency kit.
The pocket mask is really a small device, part of a CPR dummy that can be used in you personally. Many masks have inlet tube lowered oxygen, enabling the administration of 50 to 60% oxygen. Oxygen administered to the patient in the middle of an emergency or medical personnel in the workplace. The emergency responder exhale through the filter valve in one direction.
The most popular and oldest CPR mask is available in the market is really a Microshield CPR. It is s small, functional and economical. This type of mask is generally used to train individuals in first aid classes.
Another type of mask is one that comes with a built in oxygen tube. The oxygen tube provided inside the mask helps transmit oxygen from the atmosphere and deliver it to the patient. This type of mask is extremely useful because it reduces the pressure when the rescuer provide artificial respiration for the patient.
A pocket mask is not as effective as a bag valve mask. A pocket mask has advantages when only one rescuer is available. Unlike mask bag valve mask, CPR can be used by ordinary people.A valve mask bag, abbreviated BVM and sometimes recognized as the owner Ambu bag is actually a portable device used to provide positive pressure ventilation to a patient who is not breathing or is breathing adequately. The device is actually a normal part of a resuscitation team of trained experts, such as an ambulance crew. That is why it is much better to use CPR mask.
Remember that you can find in each kit disaster and that’s how you can use a CPR mask:
– Put your other thumb and index finger in the pocket on the chin of the victim, creating a seal.
– Tilt the head back to open the airway using the fingers of the second hand to provide a chin lift.
– blow gently toward the entrance until you see the chest rise. Remember that each breath should take about 1 second.
– Remove your mouth and allow the victim to exhale.
– Move immediately to 30 chest compressions.
Let’s see what the mask with 1 – way valve is and how it can be used. It is probably the most effective barrier device that prevents patients exhaled air inhaled by becoming El Salvador.
– The mask is full flat for you. Make sure the white filter fits into position (if equipped).
– Push the dome of the mask.
– Press the valve in one direction in position at the top of the mask.
– Kneel on the side of the patient ‘s head, place the mask on your face pocket with the base of the mask is between the chin of the victim and the lower lip.
– If the mask is equipped with a strap, attach it by placing the strap behind the head of the victim. Now there is no need to create a seal. Be quick to remove it .
– Gently place the closest to the head of the victim hand on the forehead by a form of ‘C’ with the thumb and index finger in the pocket mask making a seal.
Do not forget the CPAP Masks are reusable, but must be thoroughly cleaned after use. 1-way valves and the white filter must be disposed after use on a patient.
THE IMAGES CONTAINED IN THIS SITE HAVE BEEN DONATED FROM VARIOUS WEB SOURCES AND WE APOLIGISE IF ANY ARE UNKNOWINGLY COPYRIGHTED - THEY WILL BE REMOVED IMMEDIATELY ON REQUEST BY THE COPYRIGHT OWNER WITH NO INTENTION TO PROFIT FROM THESE AND USED ENTIRELY FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES
Acknowledgemets: Joseph Katautskas Smith, Robert Ostrycharz, Dr. Wojciech Piotrowicz, Gilles Lapers, .Martyn Cox